Monday, December 11, 2006

RANT

People: stop using the word "utilize." Nothing pisses me off more than to hear someone blather on in a meeting about utilizing this, or utilizing that. Or read it in a technical manual, or in some newspaper article.

YOU MEAN USE, SO SAY USE.

Unless you're using your Excel program to create nuclear weapons, you're "using" it. Not utilizing. Utilize is reserved for doing something new, fancy, or even unexpected, with a tool.

Want to know how often any of us, in our little worker bee lives, actually "utilize" something at work? Not very damn often. So "use" it instead, mmkay?

Also...

Stop chiming in with "And Many More..." in that sing-songy voice after you sing someone Happy Birthday at the office. You sound like a fuck. Stop it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the foul mouth now?

I HAVE to agree with the "and many more" thing tho. WAY gay, and I don't mean that in a "I've a tactful fashion-sense, good hygiene, and I like it in the pooper" kind of way.

9:13 PM  
Blogger PWT said...

Sweetie, I never claimed to be sweet and innocent. Remember who my boyfriend is.

"I've a tactful fashion-sense, good hygiene, and I like it in the pooper"

haha! Throw a British accent on that phrase and you are Nickolas.

6:23 AM  
Blogger PWT said...

Well, ok, maybe that didnt sound right, but you see what I am getting at. lol

6:24 AM  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i'm utilizing my time wisely and catching up on your blog!

m

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video Code provided by MySpace Video Code