Friday, January 26, 2007

On the Catwalk

Lately, I've noticed a fascinating phenomenon, over here on the Eastside (where Ive been working the last two weeks, so named because since it's not Seattle, it's just all that crap over on the east side of the lake).

It has to do with the men over here. Many of them wear winter jackets, the kind that look like rain slickers a little, appropriate to the climate here.

However, what freaks my shit out is that many of these men also use that little cord that runs around the waist, the one I've never touched on so many of my own jackets, to sinch in the middle. It looks weird as hell. I mean, okay, the bottom cord, that I can understand. But making it look like you're wearing a dress with crinoline underneath?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?? Are you trying to define your girlish figure? Is the rain bouncing that hard off the pavement that it's making it's way up to your armpits, and you'd rather keep it at crotch level? Maybe you're using it as a belt, and jamming your pants up over the cord to keep them on? No, really, why?

5 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

yuck.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I've seen this too.
I'm also on the East side and sometimes feel almost compelled to veer off the road and run these poor forlorn fashion victims over.

Admittedly though, a lot of these have been around the Microsoft campuses. Perhaps that's explanation enough...

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe - that shit rocks, dude. I saw this guy the other day wearing a coat like that. I thought, "Does he know how ridiculous he looks?"

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds terrible.

BTW, read an article in the Chicago Tribune this morning about Suicide Bridge. You think they should build an enclosed pedestrian span underneath and close off the sidewalk?

10:35 PM  
Blogger PWT said...

Nate - Nick read that article to me last night. I'm not in the know on all the ways the could do or should do something, but I do know it would freak my shit out if I saw someone jump off and land on the hood of my car.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video Code provided by MySpace Video Code