'07 Has a Nice Ring to It
Nick and I spent the better part of the weekend in bed. Awesome, huh? But despit all my protests, on NYE he told me we were going someplace special - bed sounded plenty special to me - and to be ready by 9PM. He'd gone to the office a few hours earlier to finish up some contracts that needed his attention before the new year and so I layed around for most of the day, watched some TV, read and well, watched some porn if you must know. Around 7:30 I got in the shower, missed a whole slew of text messages from friends back home wishing me Happy New Year, since most of them would be completely lit by ten and would therefore be utterly incapable of forming a coherent message via tiny keys, and tried to tell myself that I was going to have fun this New Years - without my friends. I didnt do a very good job of convincing myself and almost called Nick at work to tell him I would really just rather stay in.
I am so glad that I didnt. Nick nearly wet himself as we took a cab to our destination and told me that "no matter what happened tonight that I was suppsed to just relax and have fun". Work has been super stressful lately, and although I have tried to refrain from bitching about it in cyberspace, I havent been the most fun person to live with the last week or so. We arrived at the Space Needle and went inside and up, up and up. Ugh. Heights scare the living fuck out of me. We had dinner at SkyCity - I nearly choked when I heard someone say the food was "definitely worth the $250 price tag", but I had to admit, it defintely was. Around 11:15 we headed back down the needle for the fireworks. Nothing could be more romantic than standing there under the Space Needle, Nickolas' arms wrapped around me from behind with fireworks shooting off 600 feet in the air...
That was until he pulled away, stood in front of me and got down on his knee. His hands were shaking as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small blue box. I thought I would faint as my eyes filled with tears and I had to hold my breath to keep from screaming yes! befrore he had even got the words out. People probably thought I was insane because when he stood up went to kiss me, I litterally jumped at him, wrapped both my legs around him and proceeded to make him understand just how much he meant to me. Fortunately for me he wasnt in any hurry to make me wait. We caught a cab back home and continued celebrating.
I am so glad that I didnt. Nick nearly wet himself as we took a cab to our destination and told me that "no matter what happened tonight that I was suppsed to just relax and have fun". Work has been super stressful lately, and although I have tried to refrain from bitching about it in cyberspace, I havent been the most fun person to live with the last week or so. We arrived at the Space Needle and went inside and up, up and up. Ugh. Heights scare the living fuck out of me. We had dinner at SkyCity - I nearly choked when I heard someone say the food was "definitely worth the $250 price tag", but I had to admit, it defintely was. Around 11:15 we headed back down the needle for the fireworks. Nothing could be more romantic than standing there under the Space Needle, Nickolas' arms wrapped around me from behind with fireworks shooting off 600 feet in the air...
That was until he pulled away, stood in front of me and got down on his knee. His hands were shaking as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small blue box. I thought I would faint as my eyes filled with tears and I had to hold my breath to keep from screaming yes! befrore he had even got the words out. People probably thought I was insane because when he stood up went to kiss me, I litterally jumped at him, wrapped both my legs around him and proceeded to make him understand just how much he meant to me. Fortunately for me he wasnt in any hurry to make me wait. We caught a cab back home and continued celebrating.

4 Comments:
sweet jesus, i thought i was going to have a stroke waiting to hear your news.
congratulations!
weddings are way more fun than giving birth.
Holy shit!
You're officially OFF the market!
You lucky Brit bastard!!!
Congrats, you two!
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! i'm so excited for you guys! i know i don't *know* you guys but i can't explain how excited i am, so very cool!
and can i say i got tears in my eyes at this proposal story :) sniff!
congrats :)
m
Congratulations and what a wonderful time, place, ring, event, proposal...
I was recently at the Needle myself, and agree, it's brilliant, and worth every cent, and you definitely got value for money.
Dinner, view, bling and a man!
Post a Comment
<< Home